Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ABSOLUTION
- (n.) An absolving, or setting free from guilt, sin, or penalty; forgiveness of an offense.
- (n.) An acquittal, or sentence of a judge declaring and accused person innocent.
- (n.) The exercise of priestly jurisdiction in the sacrament of penance, by which Catholics believe the sins of the truly penitent are forgiven.
- (n.) An absolving from ecclesiastical penalties, -- for example, excommunication.
- (n.) The form of words by which a penitent is absolved.
- (n.) Delivery, in speech.