Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition of: ABSORPTIONS
- The mental state of being preoccupied by something
- Complete attention; intense mental effort
- (chemistry) a process in which one substance permeates another; a fluid permeates or is dissolved by a liquid or solid
- (physics) the process in which incident radiated energy is retained without reflection or transmission on passing through a medium; "the absorption of photons by atoms or molecules"
- The process of absorbing nutrients into the body after digestion
- The social process of absorbing one cultural group into harmony with another