Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ABSORPTIONS
- The mental state of being preoccupied by something
- Complete attention; intense mental effort
- (chemistry) a process in which one substance permeates another; a fluid permeates or is dissolved by a liquid or solid
- (physics) the process in which incident radiated energy is retained without reflection or transmission on passing through a medium; "the absorption of photons by atoms or molecules"
- The process of absorbing nutrients into the body after digestion
- The social process of absorbing one cultural group into harmony with another