Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ABUSES
- Cruel or inhumane treatment; "the child showed signs of physical abuse"
- Improper or excessive use; "alcohol abuse"; "the abuse of public funds"
- A rude expression intended to offend or hurt; "when a student made a stupid mistake he spared them no abuse"; "they yelled insults at the visiting team"
- Change the inherent purpose or function of something; "Don't abuse the system"; "The director of the factory misused the funds intended for the health care of his workers"
- Use wrongly or improperly or excessively; "Her husband often abuses alcohol"; "while she was pregnant, she abused drugs"
- Use foul or abusive language towards; "The actress abused the policeman who gave her a parking ticket"; "The angry mother shouted at the teacher"
- Treat badly; "This boss abuses his workers"; "She is always stepping on others to get ahead"