Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ACCEPTANCES
- Banking: a time draft drawn on and accepted by a bank
- The state of being acceptable and accepted; "torn jeans received no acceptance at the country club"
- The act of taking something that is offered; "her acceptance of the gift encouraged him"; "he anticipated their acceptance of his offer"
- The act of accepting with approval; favorable reception; "its adoption by society"; "the proposal found wide acceptance"
- A disposition to tolerate or accept people or situations; "all people should practice toleration and live together in peace"
- The mental attitude that something is believable and should be accepted as true; "he gave credence to the gossip"; "acceptance of Newtonian mechanics was unquestioned for 200 years"
- (contract law) words signifying consent to the terms of an offer (thereby creating a contract)