Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ACCIDENT
- (n.) Literally, a befalling; an event that takes place without one's foresight or expectation; an undesigned, sudden, and unexpected event; chance; contingency; often, an undesigned and unforeseen occurrence of an afflictive or unfortunate character; a casualty; a mishap; as, to die by an accident.
- (n.) A property attached to a word, but not essential to it, as gender, number, case.
- (n.) A point or mark which may be retained or omitted in a coat of arms.
- (n.) A property or quality of a thing which is not essential to it, as whiteness in paper; an attribute.
- (n.) A quality or attribute in distinction from the substance, as sweetness, softness.
- (n.) Any accidental property, fact, or relation; an accidental or nonessential; as, beauty is an accident.
- (n.) Unusual appearance or effect.