Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ACCOMMODATE
- (a.) Suitable; fit; adapted; as, means accommodate to end.
- (v. i.) To adapt one's self; to be conformable or adapted.
- (v. t.) To render fit, suitable, or correspondent; to adapt; to conform; as, to accommodate ourselves to circumstances.
- (v. t.) To bring into agreement or harmony; to reconcile; to compose; to adjust; to settle; as, to accommodate differences, a dispute, etc.
- (v. t.) To furnish with something desired, needed, or convenient; to favor; to oblige; as, to accommodate a friend with a loan or with lodgings.
- (v. t.) To show the correspondence of; to apply or make suit by analogy; to adapt or fit, as teachings to accidental circumstances, statements to facts, etc.; as, to accommodate prophecy to events.