Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ACCOMMODATION
- (n.) The act of fitting or adapting, or the state of being fitted or adapted; adaptation; adjustment; -- followed by to.
- (n.) Willingness to accommodate; obligingness.
- (n.) Whatever supplies a want or affords ease, refreshment, or convenience; anything furnished which is desired or needful; -- often in the plural; as, the accommodations -- that is, lodgings and food -- at an inn.
- (n.) An adjustment of differences; state of agreement; reconciliation; settlement.
- (n.) The application of a writer's language, on the ground of analogy, to something not originally referred to or intended.
- (n.) A loan of money.
- (n.) An accommodation bill or note.