Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ACCORD
- (v. i.) To agree; to correspond; to be in harmony; -- followed by with, formerly also by to; as, his disposition accords with his looks.
- (v. i.) To agree in pitch and tone.
- (v. t.) Agreement or concurrence of opinion, will, or action; harmony of mind; consent; assent.
- (v. t.) Harmony of sounds; agreement in pitch and tone; concord; as, the accord of tones.
- (v. t.) Agreement, harmony, or just correspondence of things; as, the accord of light and shade in painting.
- (v. t.) Voluntary or spontaneous motion or impulse to act; -- preceded by own; as, of one's own accord.
- (v. t.) An agreement between parties in controversy, by which satisfaction for an injury is stipulated, and which, when executed, bars a suit.
- (v. t.) To make to agree or correspond; to suit one thing to another; to adjust; -- followed by to.
- (v. t.) To bring to an agreement, as persons; to reconcile; to settle, adjust, harmonize, or compose, as things; as, to accord suits or controversies.
- (v. t.) To grant as suitable or proper; to concede; to award; as, to accord to one due praise.