Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ACCOUNTS
- Keep an account of
- The act of informing by verbal report; "he heard reports that they were causing trouble"; "by all accounts they were a happy couple"
- Be the sole or primary factor in the existence, acquisition, supply, or disposal of something; "Passing grades account for half of the grades given in this exam"
- Grounds; "don't do it on my account"; "the paper was rejected on account of its length"; "he tried to blame the victim but his success on that score was doubtful"
- A statement of recent transactions and the resulting balance; "they send me an accounting every month"
- A formal contractual relationship established to provide for regular banking or brokerage or business services; "he asked to see the executive who handled his account"
- The quality of taking advantage; "she turned her writing skills to good account"
- Importance or value; "a person of considerable account"; "he predicted that although it is of small a