Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ACKNOWLEDGES
- Express obligation, thanks, or gratitude for; "We must acknowledge the kindness she showed towards us"
- Report the receipt of; "The program committee acknowledged the submission of the authors of the paper"
- Express recognition of the presence or existence of, or acquaintance with; "He never acknowledges his colleagues when they run into him in the hallway"; "She acknowledged his complement with a smile"; "it is important to acknowledge the work of others in one's own writing"
- Accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority; "The Crown Prince was acknowledged as the true heir to the throne"; "We do not recognize your gods"
- Accept as legally binding and valid; "acknowledge the deed"
- Declare to be true or admit the existence or reality or truth of; "He admitted his errors"; "She acknowledged that she might have forgotten"