Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ACNE
- (n.) A pustular affection of the skin, due to changes in the sebaceous glands.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A name given to several peculiar palms, species of Calamus and Daemanorops, having very long, smooth flexible stems, commonly called rattans.
- (n.) Any plant with long, hard, elastic stems, as reeds and bamboos of many kinds; also, the sugar cane.
- (n.) Stems of other plants are sometimes called canes; as, the canes of a raspberry.
- (n.) A walking stick; a staff; -- so called because originally made of one the species of cane.
- (n.) A lance or dart made of cane.
- (n.) A local European measure of length. See Canna.
- (v. t.) To beat with a cane.
- (v. t.) To make or furnish with cane or rattan; as, to cane chairs.