- (imp. & p. p.) of Cane
- (a.) Filled with white flakes; mothery; -- said vinegar when containing mother.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ACNED
- (of complexion) blemished by imperfections of the skin
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. i.) To move with measured steps, or to a musical accompaniment; to go through, either alone or in company with others, with a regulated succession of movements, (commonly) to the sound of music; to trip or leap rhythmically.
- (v. i.) To move nimbly or merrily; to express pleasure by motion; to caper; to frisk; to skip about.
- (v. t.) To cause to dance, or move nimbly or merrily about, or up and down; to dandle.
- (v. i.) The leaping, tripping, or measured stepping of one who dances; an amusement, in which the movements of the persons are regulated by art, in figures and in accord with music.
- (v. i.) A tune by which dancing is regulated, as the minuet, the waltz, the cotillon, etc.