- (n.) A soft earth, which is plastic, or may be molded with the hands, consisting of hydrous silicate of aluminium. It is the result of the wearing down and decomposition, in part, of rocks containing aluminous minerals, as granite. Lime, magnesia, oxide of iron, and other ingredients, are often present as impurities.
- (n.) Earth in general, as representing the elementary particles of the human body; hence, the human body as formed from such particles.
- (v. t.) To cover or manure with clay.
- (v. t.) To clarify by filtering through clay, as sugar.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ACYL
- Any group or radical of the form RCO- where R is an organic group; "an example of the acyl group is the acetyl group"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Made of or resembling lace; "a lacy gown"; "a lacy leaf"
- Having open interstices or resembling a web