- (n.) Father; -- a word sometimes used by children.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ADD
- (v. i.) To make an addition. To add to, to augment; to increase; as, it adds to our anxiety.
- (v. i.) To perform the arithmetical operation of addition; as, he adds rapidly.
- (v. t.) To give by way of increased possession (to any one); to bestow (on).
- (v. t.) To join or unite, as one thing to another, or as several particulars, so as to increase the number, augment the quantity, enlarge the magnitude, or so as to form into one aggregate. Hence: To sum up; to put together mentally; as, to add numbers; to add up a column.
- (v. t.) To append, as a statement; to say further.