- (v. i.) To toddle; to walk unsteadily, like a child or an old man; hence, to do anything slowly or feebly.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ADDLE
- (a.) Having lost the power of development, and become rotten, as eggs; putrid. Hence: Unfruitful or confused, as brains; muddled.
- (n.) Liquid filth; mire.
- (n.) Lees; dregs.
- (v. t. & i.) To make addle; to grow addle; to muddle; as, he addled his brain.
- (v. t. & i.) To earn by labor.
- (v. t. & i.) To thrive or grow; to ripen.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (obs. imp.) of Lead, to guide.
- (imp.) of Lade
- (p. p.) of Lade