- (v. t.) To worship with profound reverence; to pay divine honors to; to honor as deity or as divine.
- (v. t.) To love in the highest degree; to regard with the utmost esteem and affection; to idolize.
- (v. t.) To adorn.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (imp. & p. p.) of Oar
- (a.) Furnished with oars; -- chiefly used in composition; as, a four-oared boat.
- (a.) Having feet adapted for swimming.
- (a.) Totipalmate; -- said of the feet of certain birds. See Illust. of Aves.
- (n.) One of the nymphs of mountains and grottoes.