- (n.) A person who has the care of neat cattle; a cowherd.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ADHERENT
- (a.) Sticking; clinging; adhering.
- (a.) Attached as an attribute or circumstance.
- (a.) Congenitally united with an organ of another kind, as calyx with ovary, or stamens with petals.
- (n.) One who adheres; one who adheres; one who follows a leader, party, or profession; a follower, or partisan; a believer in a particular faith or church.
- (n.) That which adheres; an appendage.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) Made of thread; as, threaden sails; a threaden fillet.