Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ADHESION
- (n.) The action of sticking; the state of being attached; intimate union; as, the adhesion of glue, or of parts united by growth, cement, or the like.
- (n.) Adherence; steady or firm attachment; fidelity; as, adhesion to error, to a policy.
- (n.) Agreement to adhere; concurrence; assent.
- (n.) The molecular attraction exerted between bodies in contact. See Cohesion.
- (n.) Union of surface, normally separate, by the formation of new tissue resulting from an inflammatory process.
- (n.) The union of parts which are separate in other plants, or in younger states of the same plant.