- (v. t.) To support, either by furnishing strength or means in cooperation to effect a purpose, or to prevent or to remove evil; to help; to assist.
- (v. t.) Help; succor; assistance; relief.
- (v. t.) The person or thing that promotes or helps in something done; a helper; an assistant.
- (v. t.) A subsidy granted to the king by Parliament; also, an exchequer loan.
- (v. t.) A pecuniary tribute paid by a vassal to his lord on special occasions.
- (v. t.) An aid-de-camp, so called by abbreviation; as, a general's aid.
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
- An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank
- Highest mountain on Crete