Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definitions for: ADJECTIVE
- (n.) Added to a substantive as an attribute; of the nature of an adjunct; as, an adjective word or sentence.
- (n.) Not standing by itself; dependent.
- (n.) Relating to procedure.
- (n.) A word used with a noun, or substantive, to express a quality of the thing named, or something attributed to it, or to limit or define it, or to specify or describe a thing, as distinct from something else. Thus, in phrase, "a wise ruler," wise is the adjective, expressing a property of ruler.
- (n.) A dependent; an accessory.
- (v. t.) To make an adjective of; to form or change into an adjective.