Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition for: ADMINISTER
- (n.) Administrator.
- (v. i.) To contribute; to bring aid or supplies; to conduce; to minister.
- (v. i.) To perform the office of administrator; to act officially; as, A administers upon the estate of B.
- (v. t.) To manage or conduct, as public affairs; to direct or superintend the execution, application, or conduct of; as, to administer the government or the state.
- (v. t.) To dispense; to serve out; to supply; execute; as, to administer relief, to administer the sacrament.
- (v. t.) To apply, as medicine or a remedy; to give, as a dose or something beneficial or suitable. Extended to a blow, a reproof, etc.
- (v. t.) To tender, as an oath.
- (v. t.) To settle, as the estate of one who dies without a will, or whose will fails of an executor.