Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ADMINISTER
- (n.) Administrator.
- (v. i.) To contribute; to bring aid or supplies; to conduce; to minister.
- (v. i.) To perform the office of administrator; to act officially; as, A administers upon the estate of B.
- (v. t.) To manage or conduct, as public affairs; to direct or superintend the execution, application, or conduct of; as, to administer the government or the state.
- (v. t.) To dispense; to serve out; to supply; execute; as, to administer relief, to administer the sacrament.
- (v. t.) To apply, as medicine or a remedy; to give, as a dose or something beneficial or suitable. Extended to a blow, a reproof, etc.
- (v. t.) To tender, as an oath.
- (v. t.) To settle, as the estate of one who dies without a will, or whose will fails of an executor.