Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ADMISSION
- (n.) The act or practice of admitting.
- (n.) Power or permission to enter; admittance; entrance; access; power to approach.
- (n.) The granting of an argument or position not fully proved; the act of acknowledging something /serted; acknowledgment; concession.
- (n.) Acquiescence or concurrence in a statement made by another, and distinguishable from a confession in that an admission presupposes prior inquiry by another, but a confession may be made without such inquiry.
- (n.) A fact, point, or statement admitted; as, admission made out of court are received in evidence.
- (n.) Declaration of the bishop that he approves of the presentee as a fit person to serve the cure of the church to which he is presented.