- (prep.) Alt. of Amid
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ADMITS
- Admit into a group or community; "accept students for graduate study"; "We'll have to vote on whether or not to admit a new member"
- Allow participation in or the right to be part of; permit to exercise the rights, functions, and responsibilities of; "admit someone to the profession"; "She was admitted to the New Jersey Bar"
- Allow to enter; grant entry to; "We cannot admit non-members into our club building"; "This pipe admits air"
- Serve as a means of entrance; "This ticket will admit one adult to the show"
- Have room for; hold without crowding; "This hotel can accommodate 250 guests"; "The theater admits 300 people"; "The auditorium can't hold more than 500 people"
- Give access or entrance to; "The French doors admit onto the yard"
- Declare to be true or admit the existence or reality or truth of; "He admitted his errors"; "She acknowledged that she might have forgotten"