- (n.) Ascent; height; elevation.
- (n.) The horoscope, or that degree of the ecliptic which rises above the horizon at the moment of one's birth; supposed to have a commanding influence on a person's life and fortune.
- (n.) Superiority, or commanding influence; ascendency; as, one man has the ascendant over another.
- (n.) An ancestor, or one who precedes in genealogy or degrees of kindred; a relative in the ascending line; a progenitor; -- opposed to descendant.
- (a.) Alt. of Ascendent
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition for: ADNASCENT
- (a.) Growing to or on something else.