- (v. i.) To drop the bait gently on the surface of the water.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ADP
- Data processing by a computer
- An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A footpath; a road.
- (n.) An easy-paced horse; a padnag.
- (n.) A robber that infests the road on foot; a highwayman; -- usually called a footpad.
- (n.) The act of robbing on the highway.
- (v. t.) To travel upon foot; to tread.
- (v. i.) To travel heavily or slowly.
- (v. i.) To rob on foot.
- (v. i.) To wear a path by walking.
- (n.) A soft, or small, cushion; a mass of anything soft; stuffing.
- (n.) A kind of cushion for writing upon, or for blotting; esp., one formed of many flat sheets of writing paper, or layers of blotting paper; a block of paper.
- (n.) A cushion used as a saddle without a tree or frame.
- (n.) A stuffed guard or protection; esp., one worn on the legs of horses to prevent bruising.
- (n.) A cushionlike thickening of the skin one the under side of the toes of animals.
- (n.) A floating leaf of a water lily or similar plant.
- (n.) A soft bag or cushion to relieve pressure, support a part, etc.
- (n.) A piece of timber fixed on a beam to fit the curve of the deck.
- (n.) A measure for fish; as, sixty mackerel go to a pad; a basket of soles.
- (v. t.) To stuff; to furnish with a pad or padding.
- (v. t.) To imbue uniformly with a mordant; as, to pad cloth.