- (a.) Very swift or quick; moving with celerity; fast; as, a rapid stream; a rapid flight; a rapid motion.
- (a.) Advancing with haste or speed; speedy in progression; in quick sequence; as, rapid growth; rapid improvement; rapid recurrence; rapid succession.
- (a.) Quick in execution; as, a rapid penman.
- (a.) The part of a river where the current moves with great swiftness, but without actual waterfall or cascade; -- usually in the plural; as, the Lachine rapids in the St. Lawrence.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ADRIP
- (adv. & a.) In a dripping state; as, leaves all adrip.