- (a.) Separated; drawn asunder.
- (a.) Insane; mad.
- (v. t.) To draw apart or away; to divide; to disjoin.
- (v. t.) To draw (the sight, mind, or attention) in different directions; to perplex; to confuse; as, to distract the eye; to distract the attention.
- (v. t.) To agitate by conflicting passions, or by a variety of motives or of cares; to confound; to harass.
- (v. t.) To unsettle the reason of; to render insane; to craze; to madden; -- most frequently used in the participle, distracted.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ADSTRICT
- (n.) See Astrict, and Astriction.