Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ADULTERY
- (n.) The unfaithfulness of a married person to the marriage bed; sexual intercourse by a married man with another than his wife, or voluntary sexual intercourse by a married woman with another than her husband.
- (n.) Adulteration; corruption.
- (n.) Lewdness or unchastity of thought as well as act, as forbidden by the seventh commandment.
- (n.) Faithlessness in religion.
- (n.) The fine and penalty imposed for the offense of adultery.
- (n.) The intrusion of a person into a bishopric during the life of the bishop.
- (n.) Injury; degradation; ruin.