- Consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning; "analyze a sonnet by Shakespeare"; "analyze the evidence in a criminal trial"; "analyze your real motives"
- Cover with canvas; "She canvassed the walls of her living room so as to conceal the ugly cracks"
- Get the opinions (of people) by asking specific questions
- Solicit votes from potential voters in an electoral campaign
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ADVANCES
- The act of moving forward (as toward a goal)
- Develop further; "We are advancing technology every day"
- Increase in price or value; "the news caused a general advance on the stock market"
- Bring forward for consideration or acceptance; "advance an argument"
- A tentative suggestion designed to elicit the reactions of others; "she rejected his advances"
- Obtain advantages, such as points, etc.; "The home team was gaining ground"; "After defeating the Knicks, the Blazers pulled ahead of the Lakers in the battle for the number-one playoff berth in the Western Conference"
- A change for the better; progress in development
- Move forward, also in the metaphorical sense; "Time marches on"
- A movement forward; "he listened for the progress of the troops"
- Cause to move forward; "Can you move the car seat forward?"
- An amount paid before it is earned
- Move forward; "we have to advance clocks and wat