- (a.) Strong; powerful; efficient.
- (a.) Having sufficient strength or force; founded in truth; capable of being justified, defended, or supported; not weak or defective; sound; good; efficacious; as, a valid argument; a valid objection.
- (a.) Having legal strength or force; executed with the proper formalities; incapable of being rightfully overthrown or set aside; as, a valid deed; a valid covenant; a valid instrument of any kind; a valid claim or title; a valid marriage.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ADVIL
- A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory and analgesic medicine (trade names Advil and Motrin and Nuprin) used to relieve the pain of arthritis and as an antipyretic; "daily use of ibuprofen can irritate the stomach"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- United States writer (born in 1925)