- Stay clear from; keep away from; keep out of the way of someone or something; "Her former friends now avoid her"
- Refrain from certain foods or beverages; "I keep off drugs"; "During Ramadan, Muslims avoid tobacco during the day"
- Prevent the occurrence of; prevent from happening; "Let's avoid a confrontation"; "head off a confrontation"; "avert a strike"
- Refrain from doing something; "She refrains from calling her therapist too often"; "He should avoid publishing his wife's memories"
- Declare invalid; "The contract was annulled"; "void a plea"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ADVISO
- (n.) Advice; counsel; suggestion; also, a dispatch or advice boat.