- (n.) Prior date; a date antecedent to another which is the actual date.
- (n.) Anticipation.
- (v. t.) To date before the true time; to assign to an earlier date; thus, to antedate a deed or a bond is to give it a date anterior to the true time of its execution.
- (v. t.) To precede in time.
- (v. t.) To anticipate; to make before the true time.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n. pl.) An order of mammals including the armadillos, sloths, and anteaters; -- called also Bruta. The incisor teeth are rarely developed, and in some groups all the teeth are lacking.