- (n.) A fibrous material used for tying plants, said to come from the leaves of a palm tree of the genus Raphia.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: AFFAIR
- (n.) That which is done or is to be done; matter; concern; as, a difficult affair to manage; business of any kind, commercial, professional, or public; -- often in the plural. "At the head of affairs." Junius.
- (n.) Any proceeding or action which it is wished to refer to or characterize vaguely; as, an affair of honor, i. e., a duel; an affair of love, i. e., an intrigue.
- (n.) An action or engagement not of sufficient magnitude to be called a battle.
- (n.) Action; endeavor.
- (n.) A material object (vaguely designated).