Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: AFFIRM
- (v. i.) To declare or assert positively.
- (v. i.) To make a solemn declaration, before an authorized magistrate or tribunal, under the penalties of perjury; to testify by affirmation.
- (v. t.) to assert or confirm, as a judgment, decree, or order, brought before an appellate court for review.
- (v. t.) To assert positively; to tell with confidence; to aver; to maintain as true; -- opposed to deny.
- (v. t.) To declare, as a fact, solemnly, under judicial sanction. See Affirmation, 4.