Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition of: AFFIRMATIVE
- (a.) Confirmative; ratifying; as, an act affirmative of common law.
- (a.) That affirms; asserting that the fact is so; declaratory of what exists; answering "yes" to a question; -- opposed to negative; as, an affirmative answer; an affirmative vote.
- (a.) Positive; dogmatic.
- (a.) Expressing the agreement of the two terms of a proposition.
- (a.) Positive; -- a term applied to quantities which are to be added, and opposed to negative, or such as are to be subtracted.
- (n.) That which affirms as opposed to that which denies; an affirmative proposition; that side of question which affirms or maintains the proposition stated; -- opposed to negative; as, there were forty votes in the affirmative, and ten in the negative.
- (n.) A word or phrase expressing affirmation or assent; as, yes, that is so, etc.