- (n.) A young pig, or a litter of pigs.
- (a.) Distant in any direction; not near; remote; mutually separated by a wide space or extent.
- (a.) Remote from purpose; contrary to design or wishes; as, far be it from me to justify cruelty.
- (a.) Remote in affection or obedience; at a distance, morally or spiritually; t enmity with; alienated.
- (a.) Widely different in nature or quality; opposite in character.
- (a.) The more distant of two; as, the far side (called also off side) of a horse, that is, the right side, or the one opposite to the rider when he mounts.
- (adv.) To a great extent or distance of space; widely; as, we are separated far from each other.
- (adv.) To a great distance in time from any point; remotely; as, he pushed his researches far into antiquity.
- (adv.) In great part; as, the day is far spent.
- (adv.) In a great proportion; by many degrees; very much; deeply; greatly.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: AFR
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (adv. & prep.) Fro.
- (n.) Brother; -- a title of a monk of friar; as, Fra Angelo.
- A Marxist and Maoist terrorist organization in Germany; a network of underground guerillas who committed acts of violence in the service of the class struggle; a successor to the Baader-Meinhof Gang; became one of Europe's most feared terrorist groups; disbanded in 1998
- The airforce of Great Britain