- Adapt to a specified measurement; "gauge the instruments"
- Measure precisely and against a standard; "the wire is gauged"
- Judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time); "I estimate this chicken to weigh three pounds"
- Determine the capacity, volume, or contents of by measurement and calculation; "gauge the wine barrels"
- A measuring instrument for measuring and indicating a quantity such as the thickness of wire or the amount of rain etc.
- Rub to a uniform size; "gauge bricks"
- Diameter of a tube or gun barrel
- The thickness of wire
- The distance between the rails of a railway or between the wheels of a train
- Accepted or approved instance or example of a quantity or quality against which others are judged or measured or compared
- Mix in specific proportions; "gauge plaster"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: AGGEUS
- An Old Testament book telling the prophecies of Haggai which are concerned mainly with rebuilding the temples after the Babylonian Captivity
- A Hebrew minor prophet