Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: AGITATES
- Change the arrangement or position of
- Cause to be agitated, excited, or roused; "The speaker charged up the crowd with his inflammatory remarks"
- Move or cause to move back and forth; "The chemist shook the flask vigorously"; "My hands were shaking"
- Move very slightly; "He shifted in his seat"
- Try to stir up public opinion
- Exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for; "The liberal party pushed for reforms"; "She is crusading for women's rights"; "The Dean is pushing for his favorite candidate"