- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Coast
- (a.) Sailing along or near a coast, or running between ports along a coast.
- (n.) A sailing along a coast, or from port to port; a carrying on a coasting trade.
- (n.) Sliding down hill; sliding on a sled upon snow or ice.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: AGNOSTIC
- (a.) Professing ignorance; involving no dogmatic; pertaining to or involving agnosticism.
- (n.) One who professes ignorance, or denies that we have any knowledge, save of phenomena; one who supports agnosticism, neither affirming nor denying the existence of a personal Deity, a future life, etc.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- The work of applying something; "the doctor prescribed a topical application of iodine"; "a complete bleach requires several applications"; "the surface was ready for a coating of paint";
- A thin layer covering something; "a second coat of paint"
- A heavy fabric suitable for coats
- A decorative texture or appearance of a surface (or the substance that gives it that appearance); "the boat had a metallic finish"; "he applied a coat of a clear finish"; "when the finish is too thin it is difficult to apply evenly"
- Passerine bird of New World tropics