- (n.) The transcript, image, or picture of a visible object, that is formed by the mind; also, a similar image of any object whatever, whether sensible or spiritual.
- (n.) A general notion, or a conception formed by generalization.
- (n.) Hence: Any object apprehended, conceived, or thought of, by the mind; a notion, conception, or thought; the real object that is conceived or thought of.
- (n.) A belief, option, or doctrine; a characteristic or controlling principle; as, an essential idea; the idea of development.
- (n.) A plan or purpose of action; intention; design.
- (n.) A rational conception; the complete conception of an object when thought of in all its essential elements or constituents; the necessary metaphysical or constituent attributes and relations, when conceived in the abstract.
- (n.) A fiction object or picture created by the imagination; the same when proposed as a pattern to be copied, or a standard to be reached; one of the archetypes or patterns of created things, conceived by the Platonists to have excited objectively from eternity in the mind of the Deity.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: AIDE
- An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer
- Someone who acts as assistant