- (adv.) On, or to, one side; out of a straight line, course, or direction; at a little distance from the rest; out of the way; apart.
- (adv.) Out of one's thoughts; off; away; as, to put aside gloomy thoughts.
- (adv.) So as to be heard by others; privately.
- (n.) Something spoken aside; as, a remark made by a stageplayer which the other players are not supposed to hear.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: AIDES
- An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer
- Someone who acts as assistant
- (Greek mythology) the god of the underworld in ancient mythology; brother of Zeus and husband of Persephone
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (pl.) of Idea
- Girl's first name