- A native or resident of Maine
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: AIRMEN
- Someone who operates an aircraft
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the sea; having to do with the ocean, or with navigation or naval affairs; nautical; as, marine productions or bodies; marine shells; a marine engine.
- (a.) Formed by the action of the currents or waves of the sea; as, marine deposits.
- (a.) A solider serving on shipboard; a sea soldier; one of a body of troops trained to do duty in the navy.
- (a.) The sum of naval affairs; naval economy; the department of navigation and sea forces; the collective shipping of a country; as, the mercantile marine.
- (a.) A picture representing some marine subject.
- (v. i.) To stay behind while others withdraw; to be left after others have been removed or destroyed; to be left after a number or quantity has been subtracted or cut off; to be left as not included or comprised.
- (v. i.) To continue unchanged in place, form, or condition, or undiminished in quantity; to abide; to stay; to endure; to last.
- (v. t.) To await; to be left to.
- (n.) State of remaining; stay.
- (n.) That which is left; relic; remainder; -- chiefly in the plural.
- (n.) That which is left of a human being after the life is gone; relics; a dead body.
- (n.) The posthumous works or productions, esp. literary works, of one who is dead; as, Cecil's