- (n.) One who believes in realism; esp., one who maintains that generals, or the terms used to denote the genera and species of things, represent real existences, and are not mere names, as maintained by the nominalists.
- (n.) An artist or writer who aims at realism in his work. See Realism, 2.
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
- The selling of goods to consumers; usually in small quantities and not for resale
- Sell on the retail market
- Be sold at the retail level; "These gems retail at thousands of dollars each"
- (n.) See Saltire.
- (v.) A St. Andrew's cross, or cross in the form of an X, -- one of the honorable ordinaries.
- Of the color of slate or granite; "the slaty sky of dawn"