- (a.) Yielding lucre; gainful; profitable; making increase of money or goods; as, a lucrative business or office.
- (a.) Greedy of gain.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To victual again.
- (n.) One who furnishes victuals.
- (n.) One who keeps a house of entertainment; a tavern keeper; an innkeeper.
- (n.) A vessel employed to carry provisions, usually for military or naval use; a provision use; a provision ship.
- (n.) One who deals in grain; a corn factor.