Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ALARMS
- A device that signals the occurrence of some undesirable event
- A clock that wakes a sleeper at some preset time
- An automatic signal (usually a sound) warning of danger
- Fear resulting from the awareness of danger
- Warn or arouse to a sense of danger or call to a state of preparedness; "The empty house alarmed him"; "We alerted the new neighbors to the high rate of burglaries"
- Fill with apprehension or alarm; cause to be unpleasantly surprised; "I was horrified at the thought of being late for my interview"; "The news of the executions horrified us"