- (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man; Abel was killed by Cain
- Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829)
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definitions for: ALBE
- (conj.) Alt. of Albee
- (superl.) Fit; adapted; suitable.
- (superl.) Having sufficient power, strength, force, skill, means, or resources of any kind to accomplish the object; possessed of qualifications rendering competent for some end; competent; qualified; capable; as, an able workman, soldier, seaman, a man able to work; a mind able to reason; a person able to be generous; able to endure pain; able to play on a piano.
- (superl.) Specially: Having intellectual qualifications, or strong mental powers; showing ability or skill; talented; clever; powerful; as, the ablest man in the senate; an able speech.
- (superl.) Legally qualified; possessed of legal competence; as, able to inherit or devise property.
- (a.) To make able; to enable; to strengthen.
- (a.) To vouch for.
- Fruit of a thorny Indian tree
- (n.) A bundle or package of goods in a cloth cover, and corded for storage or transportation; also, a bundle of straw / hay, etc., put up compactly for transportation.
- (v. t.) To make up in a bale.
- (v. t.) See Bail, v. t., to lade.
- (n.) Misery; calamity; misfortune; sorrow.
- (n.) Evil; an evil, pernicious influence; something causing great injury.
- (v. i.) To gather matter; to swell and come to a head, as a pimple.
- (a.) Dark blue or bluish gray; lead-colored.
- (n.) The part of a tree which lies immediately under the bark; the alburnum or sapwood.
- Island off Italy
- Napoleon's isle of exile