- (n.) Of the same age; existing during the same period of time, especially time long and remote; -- usually followed by with.
- (n.) One of the same age; a contemporary.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ALCOVE
- (n.) A recessed portion of a room, or a small room opening into a larger one; especially, a recess to contain a bed; a lateral recess in a library.
- (n.) A small ornamental building with seats, or an arched seat, in a pleasure ground; a garden bower.
- (n.) Any natural recess analogous to an alcove or recess in an apartment.