- (n.) A Hebrew prophet distinguished for sagacity and ripeness of judgment in youth; hence, a sagacious and upright judge.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ALDINE
- (a.) An epithet applied to editions (chiefly of the classics) which proceeded from the press of Aldus Manitius, and his family, of Venice, for the most part in the 16th century and known by the sign of the anchor and the dolphin. The term has also been applied to certain elegant editions of English works.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- A mountain in south central Alaska; the highest peak in North America (20,300 feet high)
- (n.) The act of gainsaying, refusing, or disowning; negation; -- the contrary of affirmation.
- (n.) A refusal to admit the truth of a statement, charge, imputation, etc.; assertion of the untruth of a thing stated or maintained; a contradiction.
- (n.) A refusal to grant; rejection of a request.
- (n.) A refusal to acknowledge; disclaimer of connection with; disavowal; -- the contrary of confession; as, the denial of a fault charged on one; a denial of God.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Nail