- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Alter
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition of: ALERTING
- Warn or arouse to a sense of danger or call to a state of preparedness; "The empty house alarmed him"; "We alerted the new neighbors to the high rate of burglaries"
- A warning serves to make you more alert to danger
- A state of readiness to respond; "alerting was indicated by the desynchronization of the EEG"
- (a.) Lacking nothing of completeness; complete; perfect; uninjured; whole; entire.
- (a.) Essential to completeness; constituent, as a part; pertaining to, or serving to form, an integer; integrant.
- (a.) Of, pertaining to, or being, a whole number or undivided quantity; not fractional.
- (a.) Pertaining to, or proceeding by, integration; as, the integral calculus.
- (n.) A whole; an entire thing; a whole number; an individual.
- (n.) An expression which, being differentiated, will produce a given differential. See differential Differential, and Integration. Cf. Fluent.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Relate
- (n.) A figure bounded by three lines, and containing three angles.
- (n.) An instrument of percussion, usually made of a rod of steel, bent into the form of a triangle, open at one angle, and sounded by being struck with a small metallic rod.
- (n.) A draughtsman's square in the form of a right-angled triangle.
- (n.) A kind of frame formed of three poles stuck in the ground and united at the top, to which soldiers were bound when undergoing corporal punishment, -- now disused.
- (n.) A small constellation situated between Aries and Andromeda.
- (n.) A small constellation near the South Pole, containing three bright stars.