- Remove the ovaries of; "Is your cat spayed?"
- Become different in some particular way, without permanently losing one's or its former characteristics or essence; "her mood changes in accordance with the weather"; "The supermarket's selection of vegetables varies according to the season"
- Cause to change; make different; cause a transformation; "The advent of the automobile may have altered the growth pattern of the city"; "The discussion has changed my thinking about the issue"
- Insert words into texts, often falsifying it thereby
- Make an alteration to; "This dress needs to be altered"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ALERTS
- Warn or arouse to a sense of danger or call to a state of preparedness; "The empty house alarmed him"; "We alerted the new neighbors to the high rate of burglaries"
- An automatic signal (usually a sound) warning of danger
- A warning serves to make you more alert to danger
- Condition of heightened watchfulness or preparation for action; "bombers were put on alert during the crisis"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A workman whose business it is to shape boots or shoes, or place leather smoothly, on lasts; a tool for stretching leather on a last.
- Nocturnal badger-like carnivore of wooded regions of Africa and southern Asia
- (n.) One who makes, sells, or applies salt; one who salts meat or fish.
- (n.) One who lays slates, or whose occupation is to slate buildings.
- (n.) Any terrestrial isopod crustacean of the genus Porcellio and allied genera; a sow bug.
- Comparative of stale - past its best
- (n.) Pupil of the eye.
- (n.) A male hawk. See Tercel.